Friday, November 7, 2008

I Self Devine: Freestyle / "Cold World" (Live Concert Footage)

So my college institution, UW - Madison, put on this Homegrown Hip-Hop Festival, a concert featuring lots of the Midwest's underground hip-hop talent. Some really dope artists showed up to perform, including Muja Messiah, I Self Devine, and Doomtree. Unfortunately, I was not able to catch the Doomtree or Muja shows, for a variety of reasons. I was rather pissed about that one, but I did catch I Self Devine.

Despite a really poor showing on the student body's part to actually come to a damn hip-hop show (STEP YOUR GAME UP MADISON), I Self did his thing. He played a lot of new material, from his upcoming album, that I was not able to catch the title of. If I remember correctly, though, it will be released in July 2009, so exercise your long term memory for that joint. I Self Devine also played songs from his excellent album released by Rhymesayers, Self Destruction. Those, along with some assorted freestyle sessions, made for a very entertaining show.

I Self Devine: Freestyle of the "Letter To The King" instrumental, from The Game's recent album, LAX


I Self Devine: "Ice Cold"

No comments: