Friday, July 11, 2008

Atmosphere Feature in URB Magazine


So it's pushing 3AM here in London, and I gotta wake up because I'm spending the weekend in Malta. That's right. But I was spending a little time browsing the net because I don't want you all to be stuck on that damn Pharrell and Santogold video for the rest of the weekend, while I'm in the Mediterranean Sea compterless.

Then I struck gold. Went to URB's website, and found an interview they just did with Slug of Atmosphere. Interviews with Slug are fun, mainly for the reason that he makes sure they're all unique (kind of like when he takes pictures with fans, and makes a new, bizarre face for each photo - but anyway), not to mention dude is rather articulate and insightful. Slug just has a real personal touch with nearly everything he does. Maybe that's why he's so damn likable. (Though I wouldn't mind hearing what Ant alone has to say, from time to time. I saw him at a pub after the Atmos/Brother Ali/Kidz in the Hall show I attended here in London, and Ant was chatting it up with some London locals. He seems like a cool dude with plenty to say, but Slug often dominates conversation.)

Ok - I'm done thinking out loud, and I need sleep. Hopefully this can keep you folks happy until Monday or Tuesday. Follow the link. Enjoy the weekend.

URB Article on Atmosphere / Interview with Slug

No comments: