Friday, October 23, 2009

P.O.S. Interviewed by City Pages

City Pages blog Gimme Noise just posted an interview with P.O.S. In the brief discussion, the Minneapolis rapper discusses touring, his hometown, and his recent success. Below is a snippit from the interview, but you can read the rest here.
Is there any part of your recent few years of success that means more to you than the other stuff?

I like that everybody keeps calling it success. I played Coachella last year and I didn't want to do it because they wanted to add me three days before the show. So I wasn't in any of the printed materials, no one knew I was going to be there. I still had a pretty massive crowd, though. That was the thing that was so exciting to me - that with three days notice at Coachella of all places, I could still draw a crowd. It just felt really good and I can't wait to to do it for real.

No comments: