Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mankwe: "Henrietta Goes Electric"


On July 17 local singer Mankwe Ndosi will be releasing her debut solo album, Science and Spirit. I had a chance to speak with Medium Zach about this project after I Self Devine's release show, and he explained that he and Mankwe have been hard at work on this project for a couple of years. After all the excellent work Mankwe has done in collaboration with other local artists, it's excellent to see her solo work coming to fruition. This single, "Henrietta Goes Electric," is an excellent introduction of what's to come. Stream it below, and pre-order Science and Spirit at Mankwe's website.

1 comment:

Blava_Mac said...

I first heard Mankwe on "Perfect Match" with Big Quarters, a track that I listen to often. Her voice is something special - it's nice to see that she's releasing a solo album. I'll support!