Thursday, March 1, 2012

I Self Devine: Reports From The Field: In The Trenches (Mixtape)


As far as rap music released this year goes, I Self Devine has supplied the majority of music I've been listening to in 2012. His monthly mixtape releases, already featuring LA State of Mind and The Upliftment Struggle, have both been exceptional. I fully expect this third mixtape in The Culture Series, Reports From The Field: In The Trenches, to continue that pattern. Judging by the title, it will be another collection of songs about inequality, hardship, and activism. Guests on Reports From The Field: In The Trenches include Soulution, Muja Messiah and more. Production is supplied by Benzilla, Medium Zach, Nicademis, Illmind, and more.

DOWNLOAD - I Self Devine: Reports From The Field: In The Trenches (Mixtape)

Hit the jump to stream the project, view the back cover art and watch a video in which I Self discusses what the mixtape is all about. Also keep in mind that the mixtape release party is on March 24 at the 7th Street Entry.

Reports From The Field - In The Trenches Mixtape Release Party
Saturday, March 24
7th Street Entry
I Self Devine with guests Mike The Martyr, Mankwe ft. Medium Zach, Big Quarters, Illuminous 3 & DJs Shannon Blowtorch & Simone Steppa Dujour
8:00pm // 18+
Facebook RSVP // Tickets






No comments: