Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I Self Devine Announces 'The Sounds of Low Class America' and Mixtape Series


Rhymesayers is kicking off 2012 with their second big announcement in as many days. I Self Devine is preparing to release of his sophomore solo LP, The Sounds of Low Class America, on May 8. The album has been done for years now, but I Self has been focused on his other passion, being a community organizer in South Minneapolis. Nearly every dedicated rapper or fan I know in the Twin Cities credits I Self as one of their favorite artists. Both Self Destruction and The Anti Album (as Semi.Official) are notorious local favorites. It's sensational to see I Self returning to music with such a blazing focus in 2012.

To precede the album's release, however, is a four-part mixtape release, entitled The Culture Series. On the first Thursday of each month January through April, I Self will release a free, 10-song mixtape. He will also be performing each mixtape in its entirety at the 7th Street Entry with special guests from the local scene. The first mixtape, LA State of Mind, will be released tomorrow.

No comments: