Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Black Milk: "Brain ft. Jack White"

Jack White's Third Man Records has been releasing a lot of one-off singles with various artists lately. The label dipped into hip-hop for the for the first time, and recruited Black Milk to collaborate with none other than Jack White himself.

Now if you'll excuse me for a moment, I'm just going to be a fan for a moment. The White Stripes are without a doubt one of my favorite bands ever, and I'm quite a big Black Milk fan on top of that. With White's Detroit upbringing and Black Milk's knack for hard-hitting production, this is pretty much a great pairing. I can only hope the two work together more in the future. Or at least Jack will work on more hip-hop tracks (my head will explode when "Ray Bans" comes out, remember that one?).

Anyway, the tracks are being released on July 12 digitally and on 7" vinyl. Jack Whitco-produced the singles with Black Milk, as well as played guitar on the A-side, "Brain" and drums on the B-side, "Royal Mega." You can follow the link below to listen to "Brain" through the Third Man Records Soundcloud website. Enjoy.

No comments: