Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Brother Ali Performs New Material at Soundset 2011 (Video)



My apologies for my absence with blogging. I'm in the process of moving reseidences, and don't have Internet at my house. Shout out to the free Wi-Fi at Coffee News on Grand Avenue.

Anyway, Brother Ali woke up on the morning on Soundset 2011 and decided he didn't want to do that same old set that he's been performing. He did a cheeky fake intro to "Forrest Whittaker" that brought some laughs from the crowd. I know this was disappointing for some fans who hadn't seen him before, but I couldn't have been more excited. Ali announced that he's been preparing for a new album with Jake One, and that it's titled Mourning in America, Dreaming in Color. They're hitting the studio to record it soon. He opened his set with a new song that I assume is from that record, and it was fantastic. Ali sounds at home over Jake One's instrumentals. Later in the set he grabbed his rhyme book to recite a new song titled "Letter To My Countrymen" that he hasn't even memorized yet. It was powerful stuff, to say the least.

1 comment:

muebles segovia said...

I think everybody should glance at this.