Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Toki Wright: "Crusades"


Toki just sent me a new track, "Crusades," where he freestyles over Fabolous' "The Way" instrumental. Toki also had some words to say about the song, and his new project, which I'll share below. See what he has to say, both in writing and song, and share your thoughts in the comments.
"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind." - John F. Kennedy

I’m sure many of you are aware of the US “recent killing of Osama bin Laden.” Many people have found some sense of relief in this and I don't fault them for feeling that way. In my opinion there are many questions that will never be answered because elected leaders choose not to be up front and honest with constituents. The Pirate Captain Charles Gibbs once said, “dead men tell no tales.”

I will always be critical of our “political leaders” because that is what we are supposed to do as citizens. If you hire someone to do a job you should be able to critique his or her work. That doesn’t you an Obama hater.

I do not claim to have an end all be all solution, but I know that if we continue on the path we are going there will be no people left to fight over natural resources and religious beliefs. I’ll let you weigh in your own opinion.

The following song is part of a new mixtape I am releasing in July for my Soul Tools EP Peace-War-Love-Hate. Spread the word.
Toki Wright: "Crusades"

No comments: