Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Ill Poetic: "Autumn Addict"

Here's some new material from Ill Poetic, who has become prolific as of late. I posted his last track, "Gone", in early November. Ill Poetic also provided a little commentary about this track, here's what he had to say:
Autumn has always been my favorite season. Except for the reminder of a bleak-ass winter on the horizon (AKA in like five days), I always dug the stages of Fall. It’s always been a naturally nostalgic season for me. I’m assuming it’s like that for a lot of people. Not to get super-deep, but lately it feels like a season for remembering what your childhood was like, and the relationship you had with your parents as a kid versus the relationship you have with them now.

This verse is kind of an extension of the last line from the “Gone” song I sent out a few weeks ago. If “Gone” was the decision to get on the bus and bounce, this is what goes through your head on that bus ride. I’m a bus rider at heart, and a lot of my favorite verses come from bus rides. This is one of them.
Ill Poetic: "Autumn Addict"

No comments: