Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Farnsworth Bentley: "Everybody ft. Kanye West & Andre 3000" (Video)

Okay, this is what I'm talking about. Here I am chilling in London on my 21st birthday, and I couldn't have asked for a much doper video to post. So apparently Farnsworth Bentley is still alive. And now instead of carrying an umbrella around and dancing in music videos, he is actually making his own music. Now, this is outrageous enough. But then, you watch the video and see that he got both Kanye West and Andre 3000 to do their thing on this track. Kanye is singing (with surprisingly good results), and Three Stacks is spitting his typically long but superb verse. Okay, I feel this. I guess the track was produced by some some trio of guys who call themselves Sa-Ra. It appears Mr. Bentley is going all out with this one. Not to mention he's better at rapping than I would have assumed, although by no means does this mean he's very good (because he isnt'). I wouldn't have minded hearing Ye spit a 16, as well. The video has an old school kind of feel, and the group calls themselves "The Colours," which is an acronym for Cool Outrageous Lovers Of Uniquely Raw Style.

There is basically an infinite number of cool things I could be saying about this. But instead I'll just let you watch the video.

No comments: